Young’s Guardian Pharmacy and Homecare
A Georgetown Tradition Since 1958!

Some of the older people in Georgetown may remember when Stu and Dorothy Young took over Robb’s Drug Store next to the Old Bank Building at number 4 Main Street and it became Young’s Pharmacy. That was over 50 years ago! Today, Neil, Ruth and all the Young’s staff are still dedicated to Stu’s philosophy of providing superior customer service to compete in an ever more competitive marketplace. Young’s has since moved across and up the street to Number 47, but it is still a “legacy” pharmacy, in that it’s a business that has passed from family to family since at least 1857, when records show a pharmacist named Thomas Ruston took over Watson & Ruston, Druggists and Stationers, presumably from his partner Mr. Watson. That was over 150 years ago! Since 1958 the Young family and their staff have consistently embraced profession-enhancing innovation and good old-fashioned small town caring to make their pharmacy thrive. As the last of Georgetown’s original independent pharmacies, Young’s is proud to be stronger and more competitive than ever. To all our loyal customers who have chosen Young’s over the years and to our new customers who have more recently “discovered the difference” we say thank-you.

Youngs Pharmacy Staff

Our current building was originally built to house Georgetown Lumber Company in 1930. Before being purchased by Young’s it was home to Silver’s Clothing Store where shoes were sold in the basement and clothing was sold upstairs. Silver’s original two front store entrances and four huge display windows remain. Community groups are now encouraged by Young’s to take turns promoting their efforts in one of the windows.

Youngs Pharmacy Georgetown